Bed Bug Control in Fort Wayne
Sleep Tight, Without the Bed Bug Bite
Your bed should be a restful haven, not a place where you worry about your safety. Bed bugs can be a total nightmare and difficult to get rid of on your own, but DeadOne Pest Control has the solution for you.
If you suspect you have bed bugs in your home, get in touch with DeadOne Pest Control right away! Call (260) 250-2665 or contact us online to get one of our Ft. Wayne bed bug control professionals to your home as soon as possible!
Identifying Bed Bugs
Bed bugs feed on human blood and are commonly found where people sleep – hence the name. They can sense the carbon dioxide that you exhale while you sleep and will seek out the source to get their next meal. Like mosquitos, bed bugs bite people and leave behind red, itchy marks, though they tend to be much smaller than mosquito bites. These bites are just one sign indicating that bed bugs may have made themselves snug under your sheets.
Signs you might have a bed bug problem include:
- Blood stains on your bedsheets or pillowcases
- Bite marks on your skin
- Dark spots on your sheets and mattress from bed bug feces, shed skins, or egg shells
- Musty odor
If you notice any of the above symptoms in your home, don’t delay! Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to eliminate, so catching the problem early will help our Fort Wayne bed bug exterminators get your home back to normal.
How Did I Get Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small, so they are difficult to detect at first. They can enter your home via clothing, used furniture (especially upholstered furniture), and luggage, to name a few. You or visitors may accidentally bring bed bugs home after a vacation. Having bed bugs isn’t an indication that you or your home is unclean. Bed bugs feed on human blood, and are equally opportunistic in clean and dirty environments.
Getting Rid of Bed Bugs
We will conduct a thorough inspection of your home, targeting areas where bed bugs like to hide, like box springs, bed frames, and headboards. We’ll also be sure to check other crevices where bed bugs sometimes hide – they’re so small and so stubborn that it’s important we leave nothing to chance.
Once we identify all the areas of infestation, we’ll recommend a treatment best suited to your situation. The treatments our Fort Wayne bed bug control technicians recommend might include both chemical and non-chemical options, like vacuuming, steaming, or heat treatment. We’ll also give you specific instructions on how to deal with belongings that may have been contaminated by bed bugs as well, such as laundry and throw pillows.
We will also usually recommend a follow up inspection a few weeks after your first bed bug treatment. This will ensure all of the adult bed bugs have been killed and that any bugs that have since hatched from hidden eggs are also eradicated.
How To Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment
One of the best ways to ensure that the treatment and eradication of bed bugs is successful is to properly prepare for it. It's important that our bed bug control experts are able to properly inspect your property and apply treatment.
The EPA recommends that you do the following to prepare for treatment from our Fort Wayne bed bug exterminators:
- Get rid of clutter: One of the first things you should do to prepare is to rid your property of any clutter. This can be done by disposing of any clothes or items you no longer use, clearing the floor of any clothing or items that need to be put away properly, removing any magazines or newspapers that can be recycled, and getting rid of all cardboard boxes. However, it's important to ensure you're not spreading bed bugs to non-affected areas of your property. When disposing of items, immediately place them into a trash bag and take the full bag to your outside bin or dumpster ASAP.
- Arrange your bed and furniture: To ensure that the exterminators are able to access all the nooks and crannies of your home, it's important that you arrange all furniture so that it is around two feet away from any walls. Additionally, remove all bedding and pillows and place it in a bag to wash in hot water as soon as possible; make sure you dry on the hottest setting you can. Do not put anything back on your bed until after the treatment.
- Sweep and vacuum the floors: Believe it or not, vacuuming is an effective way to remove live and dead bed bugs. While it is not effective as the only form of removal or treatment, it does get you a head start. When you've finished vacuuming, make sure you double-bag and immediately discard the bag into an outdoor trash bin to avoid reintroducing them to your home.
- Protect your kitchen and food: Ensure that all of your food is carefully put away in sealed containers in your fridge or pantry. Remove all appliances from your counter and safely store them in tightly sealed storage bins. Additionally, ensure that your drawers are all shut and your cupboard doors are closed.
Dead bed bugs are the best bed bugs. If you have any questions about bed bug control in Ft. Wayne, give us a call at (260) 250-2665.
A Healthy Home
We eliminate pests using the latest technology and best treatments available.
We offer guaranties for your peace of mind.
Promotions & Specials
We offer discounts to help you save on service.
Free Estimates Available
The first step to protecting your home is free.